Thank you for your interest in Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) and our Homeownership Program. For nearly 30 years Habitat LA has built homes and fulfilled dreams in partnership with hardworking individuals and families. Through a collaborative effort, Habitat LA works towards increasing the affordable housing stock in our community. Homes are sold to qualifying partner homebuyers and financed with affordable loans.
Habitat LA is breaking ground on a new homeownership opportunity this year! Ten new homes will be built in the Washington Neighborhood of the City of Long Beach. Register for an upcoming information session TODAY! Reservations will receive priority for seating, walk-in arrivals are welcome.
How the Program Works:
With the support of community partners, donors, and volunteers, Habitat LA constructs new homes and renovates existing homes alongside Habitat Partner Homebuyers. Our homeownership program is designed to assist low-income first-time homebuyers achieve the American dream of homeownership. Habitat homes are sold to partner homebuyers at no profit and financed with affordable loans. In addition to a down payment and monthly mortgage payments, homeowners invest sweat equity hours building their future Habitat home and the homes of other Habitat Homebuyers. Interested applicants must submit an application and meet the following program eligibility requirements.
- Homebuyers must be able to demonstrate they can afford a small down payment and a monthly mortgage payment.
- Homebuyers must fall within the following income guidelines.
- Homebuyers must have good credit (no recent bankruptcies, collections, liens or judgments)
- Homebuyers must demonstrate a need for decent and affordable housing
- Homebuyers must be willing to partner with Habitat LA by completing the following:
- 200-500 sweat equity hours
- A HUD-certified pre-purchase homebuyer education workshop
- Habitat LA’s, Family Investment Education Program
- All household members must be U.S. Citizens or permanent legal residents.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles provides equal housing opportunities for all, and ensures fair and equal access to its programs and services regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, disability, marital status, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, source of income, or other characteristics protected by law. Veterans and military household designation is permissible under the Fair Housing Act, so long as the restriction does not operate to exclude a class protected by the act. Thus, the housing must be offered to any qualified veteran or military household, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability or familial status. 42 U.S.C. 3601-19
For more information contact the Programs Department at (310) 323-4663 ext. 115. We hope to partner with you soon!
2018 Income Eligibility Limits
|Number of People