Donated materials will be taken to a Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) ReStore to be sold to the general public. Funds generated from the sale of these items will directly help support our mission to provide decent, sustainable and affordable housing for people in need.
All donated items must be in good, clean, working and sellable condition. Thank you for understanding.
Ways to Donate
Schedule a donation pick up online by clicking here.
Schedule a pick up over the phone by calling (424) 246-3637
Drop off your donations at the nearest ReStore location
For large warehouse donations or ReStore partnerships, please contact us by clicking here.
Items We DO Accept
- Air conditioning & heating units(working units less than 8 years old)
- Appliances: major & small (less than 8 years old, must be uninstalled and disconnected)
- Artificial grass
- Brick/Block (no broken pieces, must be palletized less than 1 ft. high)
- Cabinets (no backless units)
- Carpet (new or gently used, min. 100 sq. ft.)
- Countertops (no precut, min. 3 ft.)
- Dishwashers (2014 and newer)
- Doors: Exterior and Interior (no flat slab hollow-core doors, or doors over 80” height)
- Exercise Equipment (5 years and newer)
- Flooring (min. 300 sq. ft.)
- Furniture (no broken or missing pieces)
- Garage doors (hardware needed, no flat panel doors)
- Hardware Home Décor/Dishes/Glassware (must be packed into boxes)
- Hot water heaters (2014 and newer )
- Laminate (min. 100 sq. ft.)
- Lumber (free of nails and termites, min. 6 ft.)
- Plumbing & piping (new only)
- Plywood (min. 1/2 sheet)
- Tiles & Mosaics (min. 300 sq. ft.)
- Toilets (1.3 gallon, low flow, clean water emptied)
- Trim & Moulding (min. 5 ft.)
- Upholstered furniture (no stains, wear, tear, discolorations, or pet hair)
- Vinyl Windows (dual pane only, window frame free of nails or screws)
- Wood/Faux Shutters
Items We CANNOT Accept*
- Any liquids
- Anything broken, damaged or missing parts
- Box springs
- Cabinets without backing
- Carpet padding
- Children’s items, toys, and books
- Clothes/Shoes/BooksDesks over 5 ft. long (“L” or “U” shaped)
- Drop-in bathtubs
- Entertainment centers
- Hollow, flat-slab doors
- Industrial light fixtures
- Non-matching dining chairs (min. sets of 4)
- Large Office Furniture (bookcases and file cabinets accepted)
- PaintRoofing tiles
- Scrap lumber (under 6 ft.)
- Single Pane Windows
- Used aluminum windows & doors
- Used faucets
- Used lightbulbs and fluorescent lighting
- Used outdoor jacuzzi
You will receive an In-Kind donation receipt listing all of your donation items. All donations are tax deductible and all items must be valued by you, as the donor. Legally, Habitat cannot appraise your donation(s), so all donors must fill out an estimated value for their donation(s) on the receipt. We suggest a fuel donation of $15 for each pick-up.
Please note, acceptability is at the discretion of the driver and the ReStore donation staff. Drivers and staff reserve the right to refuse building materials based on current inventory stock and condition. We appreciate if you have your items collected on the ground level of your home for pick up.
Thank you for supporting Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles!