Donated materials will be taken to a Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles ReStore to be sold to the general public. Funds generated from the sale of these items will directly help support our mission to provide decent, sustainable and affordable housing for people in need.
All donated items must be in good, clean, working and sellable condition. Thank you for understanding.
Ways to Donate
Items We DO Accept
- Air conditioning & heating units (working units less than 8 years old)
- Appliances: major & small (less than 8 years old, must be uninstalled and disconnected)
- Artificial grass
- Brick/block (no broken pieces, must be palletized less than 1 ft. high)
- Cabinets (no backless units)
- Carpet (new or gently used, min. 100 sq.ft.)
- Counter tops (no precut, min. 3 ft.)
- Dishwashers (2014 and newer)
- Doors: exterior or interior (no flat slab, hollow doors, no doors over 6 ft. tall)
- Exercise equipment
- Flooring (min. 150 sq.ft.)
- Furniture (no broken or missing pieces)
- Garage doors (hardware included, no flat panel doors)
- Home décor, dishes and glassware (must be packed into boxes)
- Hot water heaters (2014 and newer)
- Laminate flooring (min. 100 sq.ft.)
- Lumber (free of nails and termites, min. 6 ft.)
- Plumbing & piping (new only)
- Plywood (min. 1/2 sheet)
- Tile (min. 150 sq.ft.)
- Toilets (clean 1.3 gallon low-flow, water emptied)
- Trim & molding (min. 5 ft.)
- Upholstered furniture (no stains, wear, tear, discolorations or pet hair)
- Windows (dual pane only, window frame free of nails or screws)
Items We CANNOT Accept*
- Anything broken, damaged, or missing parts
- Box springs
- Cabinets without backing
- Carpet padding
- Desks over 5 ft. long (“L” or “U” shaped)
- Drop-in bathtubs
- Entertainment centers
- Hollow, flat-slab doors
- Industrial light fixtures
- Roofing tiles
- Scrap lumber (under 6 ft.)
- Single-glazed windows
- Used aluminum windows & doors
- Used faucets
- Used outdoor jacuzzis
*No children’s items including: strollers, high chairs, playpens, changing tables, car seats, toys, jungle gyms, sandboxes, swing sets, etc.
You will receive an In-Kind donation receipt listing all of your donation items. All donations are tax deductible and all items must be valued by you, as the donor. Legally, Habitat cannot appraise your donation(s), so all donors must fill out an estimated value for their donation(s) on the receipt. We suggest a fuel donation of $15 for each pick-up.
Please note, acceptability is at the discretion of the driver and the ReStore donation staff. Drivers and staff reserve the right to refuse building materials based on current inventory stock and condition. We appreciate if you have your items collected on the ground level of your home for pick up.
Thank you for supporting Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles!