Los Angeles, CA – September 14, 2021
On September 17, 2021, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA), in partnership with Delta Air Lines, will begin construction on another new Habitat LA home in Los Angeles.
This house, which is being rehabbed and upgraded for energy efficiency, will be the 11th Habitat LA home fully sponsored by Delta Air Lines through its commitment to support the communities where its employees live, work and serve.
Habitat LA will provide the tools, building materials, and the construction know-how, but the passion and hard work will be provided by nearly 200 Delta Air Lines employees leading to the completion of a sustainable and affordable home over the course of six weeks.
During the project kickoff, Delta Air Lines employees and volunteers will work in partnership with Habitat LA staff to begin the extensive rebuild of this property. The 2-bedroom, 1-bath home will incorporate environmentally sustainable materials, including low-flush/low-flow plumbing, drought tolerant landscaping, and low-VOC paints and finishes.
“Delta Air Lines continues to be an important partner to us in helping to improve and better our local communities.” said Erin Rank, Habitat LA President and CEO. “We are proud to partner with them in their mission to form a force for positive local and global change by building homes, communities and hope together.”
About Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) LA transforms neighborhoods throughout greater LA by bringing the community together to building affordable homes, providing critical home repairs and helping families rebuild after natural disasters. Habitat LA strengthens families through helping them access affordable loans, housing counseling and down payment assistance. To learn more, visit www.habitatla.org.
Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) is the U.S. global airline leader in safety, innovation, reliability and customer experience. Powered by our employees around the world, Delta has for a decade led the airline industry in operational excellence while maintaining our reputation for award-winning customer service.
Today, and always, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our customers and employees. Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Delta has moved quickly to transform the industry standard of clean to ensure a safe and comfortable travel experience for our customers and employees.
With our mission of connecting the people and cultures of the globe, Delta strives to foster understanding across a diverse world and serve as a force for social good.
- Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta has served as many as 200 million people a year, taking customers across an industry-leading global network of up to 300 destinations in over 50 countries.
- Through innovative and strategic alliances with Aeromexico, Air France-KLM, Alitalia, China Eastern, Korean Air, Virgin Atlantic, and planned joint ventures with LATAM* and WestJet*, Delta is bringing more choice and competition to customers worldwide.
- Delta operates significant hubs and key markets at airports in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Boston, Detroit, London-Heathrow, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York-JFK and LaGuardia, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Seoul-Incheon and Tokyo.
- The world’s most-awarded airline, Delta was recognized as No. 1 in customer satisfaction among airlines in the J.D. Power 2021 North America Airline Satisfaction Study – a prestigious honor that underscores the professionalism, care and humanity of the Delta people. Delta has also been recognized as a Fortune’s top 50 Most Admired Company in addition to being named the most admired airline for the tenth time in eleven years. Additionally, Delta has ranked No. 1 in the Business Travel News Annual Airline survey for an unprecedented 10 consecutive years and named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies Worldwide for the third time in four years.
- As an employer, Delta has been regularly awarded top honors from organizations like Glassdoor and recognized as a top workplace for women and members of the military. Delta CEO Ed Bastian was named among the World’s Greatest Leaders by Fortune magazine in 2018.
- Delta believes our social responsibility lies at the intersection of our core values and core competencies, making a difference in communities where our employees live, work and fly by giving time, talents and 1 percent of the company’s annual profits.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core to Delta’s culture and we believe should be reflected in our people, the companies with which we do business, the way we treat customers and the manner in which we serve the world.
- More about Delta can be found on Delta News Hub as well as Delta.com, via @DeltaNewsHub on Twitter and Facebook.com/delta.
Francesca DiBrito, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles