The Restore receives new, used, discontinued or surplus building materials, appliances and home furnishings from companies, contractors, retailers, film and television studios and individuals.
You have two options for donating your items to HFH GLA:
- We pick up the items* – Please contact our Donations Coordinator at (866) SHOP-HFH ext. 127 [(866) 746-7434 x127] to arrange for a pick-up.** Donation appointments fill quickly, so call in advance to ensure your pick-up!
- You may drop off items at either the Gardena or Norwalk ReStore locations, Tuesday-Saturday 9am-5pm. (No donations accepted after 5pm.)
You will receive an In-Kind donation form listing all of your donation items. All donations are tax deductible and all items must be valued by you, as the donor.
*Home pick-ups are dependent upon location and size. Items that fit in a car should be dropped off at your nearest ReStore location (www.habitat.org) Currently we are serving the following cities: Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, Culver City, Santa Monica, Marina del Rey, Venice, Inglewood, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Long Beach, Carson, Lakewood, Bellflower, Paramount, Gardena, Compton, Downey, Whittier, Lynwood, South Gate, Huntington Park, Sherman Oaks, Encino, North Hollywood and Burbank.
**We suggest a small fuel donation ($5-$10) for some donation pick-ups. This optional donation is included on the receipt as part of the total and is completely tax-deductible.
- Air Conditioning & Heating Units, Appliances (must be under 6 yrs old)
- Major Appliances (should be under 6 yrs old; must be working and in no need of repair; slight dents/scratches are OK)
- Bathroom Fixtures
- Brick & Block (needs to be palletized; free of cement/mortar)
- Kitchen and Bathroom Cabinets
- Sinks (Kitchen & Bath)
- Interior and Exterior (Raised Panel) Doors
- Furniture (no significant stains, wear or tears. E-mailing photos to the Donations Coordinator is preferred)
- Tile (floor: minimum quantity of 20 sq. ft.; counter: minimum quantity of 10 sq. ft.)
- Trim & Moulding
- Windows & Coverings
- Plumbing & Piping
- Lighting & Electrical
- Outdoor Living
- Various Home Decor
- Unique & Vintage Items
- Working electronics & E-Waste (electronics must be delivered; no pick-up offered unless other furniture or building materials included)
We DO NOT accept:
- Used mattresses or box springs
- Built-in Cabinetry (cabinets w/out backing)
- Hollow, Flat-slab Doors
- Scrap Lumber (under 6’)
- Used, Aluminum Windows & Doors
- Single-glazed Windows
- ANY Children’s Items including: strollers, high chairs, cribs, playpens, changing tables, car seats, toys, jungle gyms, sandboxes, swing sets, etc.
Please note, acceptability is at the discretion of the driver and the ReStore staff. Drivers and staff reserve the right to refuse materials based on current stock and condition.