Used Material Item Donations
The Restore receives new, used, discontinued or surplus building materials, appliances and home furnishings from companies, contractors, retailers, film and television studios and individuals.
You can donate any used construction supplies and old building material to Habitat for Humanity and we will use proceeds from this tax deductible gift to build houses for low income families in Los Angeles.
Two Options for Donating
- We pick up the used items1 – Please contact our Donations Coordinator at (866) SHOP-HFH ext. 127 (866) 746-7434 x127 to arrange for a pick-up.2 Donation appointments fill quickly, so call in advance to ensure your pick-up!
- You may drop off donated items at either the Gardena or Norwalk ReStore locations, Tuesday-Saturday 9am-5pm. No donations accepted after 5pm.
You will receive an In-Kind donation form listing all of your donation items. All donations are tax deductible and all items must be valued by you, as the donor.
1Home pick-ups are dependent upon location and size. Items that fit in a car should be dropped off at your nearest ReStore location.
Currently we are accepting used building materials and appliances from the following cities: Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, Culver City, Santa Monica, Marina del Rey, Venice, Inglewood, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Long Beach, Carson, Lakewood, Bellflower, Paramount, Gardena, Compton, Downey, Whittier, Lynwood, South Gate, Huntington Park, Sherman Oaks, Encino, North Hollywood and Burbank.
2We suggest a small fuel donation ($5-$10) for some donation pick-ups. This optional donation is included on the receipt as part of the total and is completely tax-deductible.
We Accept The Following Items
- Air Conditioning & Heating Units, Appliances (must be under 6 yrs old)
- Major Appliances including: cooktop, sink, refrigerator, washing machine, microwave, dryer, oven, range, stove (should be under 6 yrs old; must be working and in no need of repair; slight dents/scratches are OK)
- Bathroom sink, hot water heaters, tub, shower, bath sink, towel rack, heating unit
- Bed frames
- Used bicycles and old bikes
- Brick & Block (building blocks need to be palletized; free of cement/mortar)
- Kitchen sink and Bathroom Cabinets, linens, towel, countertop,
- Flooring, rugs, wood floors
- Roofing materials, shingles, roof tiles
- Interior and Exterior (Raised Panel) Doors
- Furniture you can donate: armoire, artwork, chair, couch, curtains, sofa, door, dresser, (no significant stains, wear or tears. E-mailing photos to the Donations Coordinator is preferred)
- Hardware and home decor
- Lumber rough boards and uncut wood
- Exercise equipment
- Tile (floor: minimum quantity of 20 sq. ft.; counter: minimum quantity of 10 sq. ft.)
- Trim & Moulding
- Windows & Coverings, shutters, outdoor trim
- Plumbing & Piping
- Lighting & Electrical
- Outdoor Living, pavers, brick walkways, concrete stones,
- Various Home Decor
- Unique & Vintage Items
- Working electronics & E-Waste: stereo, speakers, computers, laptops, ipods, cell phones, TV, computer monitors, printers, (electronics must be delivered; no pick-up offered unless other furniture or building materials included)
The majority of our income to build new houses comes from generous used construction items and appliances that are no longer needed.
We DO NOT Accept
- Used mattresses or box springs
- Built-in Cabinetry (cabinets w/out backing)
- Hollow, Flat-slab Doors
- Scrap Lumber (under 6’)
- Used, Aluminum Windows & Doors
- Single-glazed Windows
- ANY Children’s Items including: strollers, high chairs, cribs, playpens, changing tables, car seats, toys, jungle gyms, sandboxes, swing sets, etc.
Please note, acceptability is at the discretion of the driver and the ReStore donation staff. Drivers and staff reserve the right to refuse building materials based on current inventory stock and condition.