In celebration of Thanksgiving, enjoy this apple salad recipe from the kitchen of Maria A., one of our newest Habitat LA homeowners. This light and fruity dessert dish is best served cold and offers a refreshing finish to any meal.
- 8 apples
- 1 can of pineapple chunks
- 1 pound of pecans
- 1 can of lechera
- 1 pound of sour cream
- 4 ounces of raisins
- Peel the skin of the apples and cut into small pieces
- Place apples in a large bowl
- Add the pineapple, raisins, lechera, and sour cream
- Chop the pecans and add
- Mix everything together and serve as a dessert. Enjoy, it’s delicious!
Maria and her daughter are looking forward to their first holiday season in their new Habitat home! Your support has helped change the lives of so many families in need of safe, affordable homes. We’re so thankful for you!