Crew Leader Training is ideal for those experienced in residential construction. The class prepares skilled volunteers to lead crews of unskilled volunteers on our Habitat for Humanity GLA construction sites.
Students will learn valuable leadership skills and practice teaching and coaching others. The course is taught by people who have spent years volunteering on our construction sites in leadership roles with Habitat for Humanity.
- Extensive construction skills and experience including all phases of residential construction.
- Excellent people skills.
- Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles at least three (3) times before the training begins.
- Volunteer as a Crew Leader with HFH GLA after completing the course at least six (6) days in the coming year.
- Pay an enrollment fee.
When: Habitat staff are currently developing a new curriculum for this program. Please follow the directions below to sign up on our Interest List. We will contact you via email when the next class becomes available.
Where: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles Housing Center for Excellence (969 Sandhill Avenue, Carson, CA 90746) and Habitat construction sites.
To sign up on the Crew Leader Interest List:
- Click Here to go to our Volunteer Sign Up screen.
- Select “Volunteer” from the left-hand column on your screen.
- Click on the flashing “Volunteer/Sign Up Today” icon.
- “I would like to volunteer for this organization.”
- Enter your profile information and continue.
- Under Activity Sign Up, look for Training Programs at the bottom of the list.