What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps is a national service program that provides thousands of Americans of all ages and backgrounds an opportunity to meet critical community needs. At Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA), AmeriCorps members play an essential role in transforming the lives of the families and individuals we serve. AmeriCorps members are selected from across the nation to commit to one year of service. Our program allows members to serve their community, learn new things, make new friends and have fun!
Our mission in conjunction with AmeriCorps is
- to provide low-income families with affordable housing
- to promote the wellness of the community and the Nation
- to provide a setting for growth and development for AmeriCorps members
We are recruiting for AmeriCorps Members to serve in the following positions
- Community Outreach AmeriCorps
- Construction Crew Leader AmeriCorps
- Family Services AmeriCorps
- Resource Development AmeriCorps VISTA
- Project Development for Veteran Outreach AmeriCorps VISTA
- Volunteer Services AmeriCorps
To find out about the differences between AmeriCorps National Direct and VISTA and for additional FAQ’s about the AmeriCorps program, please visit the HFHI web page at http://www.habitat.org/americorps/
If you are interested in any of the above positions, CLICK HERE to apply.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Habitat LA.
Interested in serving as an AmeriCorps member with Habitat LA?
We are actively recruiting for AmeriCorps members to serve in the 2017-18 term. VISTA positions will start in August and National Direct positions start in September. Please note that acceptance into the program is subject to official position approval, a background check and applicant approval from Habitat for Humanity International. All candidates have to be approved by HFHI before we will receive their resumes!